Brewery Credit Union (BCU) offers the same commitment to our members since we chartered in 1934 as Brewery Workers Credit Union. The Brewery Workers Union Local 9, represented the many breweries and malting companies in Milwaukee, was the original home of the Brewery Workers Credit Union. The credit union moved to Schlitz Brewery for a few years until building our current location. The name changed in 1984 to Brewery Credit Union.
As a member, you have access to the many low-cost products and services BCU offers. “Once a member always a member,” means should you ever relocate out of the area, your membership can continue.
We have members, not customers. Brewery Credit Union is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors elected by the member-owners.
As a not-for-profit organization, we focus on meeting members needs. This means we take our profits and use them to offer lower loan rates, higher savings rates, and fewer service fees.
PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE
Every day at Brewery Credit Union, you invest in the community and the community invests in you. We lend deposits to members who and work in Southeastern Wisconsin neighborhoods, making sure your money stays here.
BREWERY CREDIT UNION MISSION STATEMENT
“Providing superior financial service while economically empowering our Members and Community.”
We do our best every day to complete this mission with the greatest customer satisfaction and highest quality service.
WE ARE A COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT FINANCIAL INSTITUTION (CDFI)
The mission of a Community Development Financial Institution is to expand economic opportunity for underserved people and communities. As a United States Treasury designated CDFI, we specialize in serving the low-income households in our community who struggle with limited access to financial products and services.
As a CDFI Credit Union, we are:
- Nonprofit and tax-exempt (but not a charity).
- Cooperatively owned and governed — one member, one vote.
- Regulated, federally-insured financial institution.
CDFIs specialize in providing:
- Fairly priced loans to members with imperfect, limited or no credit history.
- A safe place to save.
- A place to conduct transactions at a reasonable cost.
- Financial education and counseling for its members.
- Products, services and support that can help members to free themselves from high-cost and predatory debt, gain control over their personal finances, and achieve economic well-being.
We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to achieve financial security and have access to safe, low-cost financial products and services. If you believe our mission will benefit you financially, or your membership will support members seeking to benefit from our mission, we would like you to become a member/owner in our great organization. Feel proud that your participation in our financial cooperative furthers our mission to serve those of modest income whom are underserved or unbanked in the communities we serve. Click Here to start your membership application.
- Wisconsin LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- Better Business Bureau
- Local First Milwaukee
- Banzai Financial Literacy
- Community Development Financial Institution
Brewery Credit Union Sponsors
- Center Street Dayz
- Locust Street Festival
- Bay View Bash
- Shakespeare in the Park
- Beckum-Stapleton Little League
- Milwaukee Simba Soccer Club