June 3, 2020
Branch Lobbies Opening | Important Information
Thank you for your continued support and ongoing membership. As we continue to navigate the COVID-19 realities, the safety of our team, members, and communities remain our top priority.
Branch lobbies reopening effective Saturday, June 6, 2020.
Meetings for new accounts, loans, financial coaching, and financial advisory services will be available by appointment only.
Drive-thru closed starting Saturday, June 6, 2020.
Our remodeling will start on our drive-thru at our main branch on Martin Luther King Jr. Dr on Saturday, June 6. We expect it to last approximately one week. As the drive-thru construction is complete, we will notify you.
March 23, 2020
In light of the recent “stay at home” order from the Governor, Brewery Credit Union wanted to clarify a few important pieces of information:
1) Financial institutions are considered an essential business, so we will not be closing.
2) Your money is safe with us. Your funds are backed in full faith of the Federal government up to $250,000 by the NCUA.
3) Our employees are here to help you with any financial assistance you may need in this time of uncertainty, both lending and member services.
4) All of our services are also offered electronically, with the exception of mortgage closings. See our website or call us to help you with; downloading our APP, applying for a loan, home banking, mobile banking, and remote deposit capture.
Please stay at home unless you need to go to the doctor, grocery store, or pharmacy. Help protect those who are still having to work during this shutdown.
March 17, 2020
Brewery Credit Union has been closely monitoring developments related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The health and safety of our members, associates and communities remain our top priority. For the safety of our members and staff, we are CLOSING our branch lobbies as of March 18, 2020. The drive-up location on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Drive will remain OPEN with expanded services.
Most Transactions Can Be Performed at Home
Brewery’s online and mobile banking allow you to perform many account transactions without visiting a branch, including:
- Transfer Money Between Accounts
- Make Loan and Credit Card Payments – Even from Non-Brewery CU Accounts (Call us for details)
- Easily Deposit Checks from your Mobile Device
- Pay Your Bills with Bill Pay
- Manage All of Your Accounts
- Apply for Loans
- Find surcharge-free ATM locations
- Manage Your Debit and Credit Cards
If you do not have online banking, please call us as 414-273-3170 to get set up.
Brewery is Here to Serve You
We also understand that there may be instances where our member/owners find themselves facing financial difficulties. Brewery CU is here to help and we encourage that you reach out to discuss how we might be of assistance. You can apply for loans on our website or using the mobile app and we have esign to email you the final documents so you do not have to come into the branch. We are expanding our esign capabilities to include our FastCash loans. If you are looking for a FastCash loan, give us a call.
Our Martin Luther King Jr Drive location drive-up will remain open. Drive-up hours:
Monday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wednesday 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
CO-OP Shared Branching
Brewery Credit Union participates in the CO-OP Shared Branching Network. There are twelve locations in the Milwaukee area, over 40 in Wisconsin, and over 5,600 locations nationwide! Download the app or find a branch. You can use their drive-up locations to access your money, make deposits or take care of your loan payments.
Alliance One Surcharge-Free ATM Network
Brewery Credit Union is part of the Alliance One network, that offers surcharge-free ATMs. Download the app to locate over 5,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide.
Avoid Coronavirus Scams
The Federal Trade Commission has tips on how to avoid COVID-19 scams. In addition, the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions (DFI) reminds investors to be wary of con artists seeking to capitalize on the fear and uncertainty surrounding COVID-19. Read their press release to learn more.
Brewery CU is here to help answer any questions, including those regarding situations of financial hardship, at 414-273-3170.
As this situation continues to evolve, we’ll update information for members in a timely fashion. For important information on how to protect the health of you and your family, consult the most timely information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
March 13, 2020
We want to assure you Brewery Credit Union is paying close attention to the rapidly evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Protecting our member/owners, employees and communities during this outbreak is our top priority. We understand your concerns and uncertainty you may be experiencing surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19). We’re monitoring the latest governmental (Local, State, Federal) recommendations as well as the information from the Centers for Disease Control. We remain committed to being responsive to the needs of our member/owners and employees as the situation evolves.
Here is what Brewery Credit Union is doing to stay informed and minimize risk:
- We are monitoring the situation and will keep you informed of any changes. We’ll also provide timely and ongoing updates on our website or our facebook page that may impact our hours of operations.
- Our preparedness plan ensures the continuity of essential banking functions should there be a local outbreak. This includes taking steps to ensure you continue to have access to your accounts.
- We’re implementing recommended cleaning and disinfecting precautions, especially on high-touch surfaces.
Here are some tips to help you get through the next few weeks:
- Follow the Wisconsin Department of Health Services for information on COVID-19.
- Nationally, follow the Centers for Disease Control(CDC.)
- Sign up for Brewery Credit Union home banking, simply visit our home page to register your account. Download our mobile app. You can make payments, view transactions, check balances, find an ATM and more. It’s easier and faster (in most cases) to manage your account digitally, especially given call wait times or lobby traffic may be longer than usual.
- Use direct deposit/ACH and make sure your paycheck or social security deposit gets to your account safely, securely and on time.
- When shopping, use your Brewery Credit Union debit or credit card instead of cash.
We also understand that there may be instances where our member/owners find themselves facing financial difficulties. Brewery Credit Union is here to help and we encourage that you reach out to discuss how we might be of assistance.
The Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions reminds consumers and investors to be wary of con artists seeking to capitalize on fear and uncertainty. If we need to reach out to you regarding matters pertaining to your accounts, we will not ask for confidential information such as; your name, password, personal identification number (PIN) or other account numbers. The DFI’s press release will help you learn more and help you keep your investments safe.
Steven A Janssen
President & CEO